Backed by a strong demand, Honda Motorcycle and Scooter India Pvt. Ltd. continues to register an upwards sales trend in June 2018.
|Total sales in June 2018: (Domestic + Export)|
Growing faster than the industry, Honda 2Wheelers India sold a total of 5,71,020 units in June 2018, up by 28% from 4,44,528 units in June 2017 leading to a 1%(0.8) increase in market share.
|Domestic sales in June 2018|
With a strong growth of 29% in thedomestic market and increase in market share by 1.4%, Honda’s sales closed at 5,35,494 units in June 2018 compared to 4,16,365 units in June 2017.Scooter sales grew by 33% from 2,71,007 units in June 2017 to 3,61,236 units in June 2018. Motorcycles grew by 20% from 1,45,358 units in June 2017 to 1,74,258 units in June 2018.
|April to June 2018 YTD sales (Domestic + Export)|
Registering a healthy double digit growth, Honda 2Wheelers India grew by 16% to 18,04,537 units (April-June 2018) from 15,60,340 units (April-May 2017).
Total Motorcycle sales grew by 15% to 6,27,908 units in April-June 2018 from 5,44,715units in the same period last year. Automatic scooter sales clocked 11,76,629 units between April-June 2018 with 16% growth, up from 10,15,625units in April-June 2017.
Honda’s export volume in FY 2018-19 sky-rocketed by 39% to 1,14,132 units (April-June 2018) from 81,862 units (April-June 2017).
Speaking on Honda’s performance in the month of June, Mr. Yadvinder Singh Guleria, Senior Vice President – Sales and Marketing, Honda Motorcycle and Scooter India Pvt. Ltd. said, “Adding over 2.4 lac additional customers, Honda’s power packed performance in June 2018 is testament of the positive sentiment in buyer’s mind-set. Backed by a strong double digit growth in both motorcycle and scooter Honda, led by Activa, registered a growth of 16% in first quarter of FY 2018-19.”
- Bookings for the 2018 edition of 1,000cc adventure motorcycle Africa Twin has been commenced. The motorcycle gets throttle by wire, 3 riding modes, 7 level Honda Selectable Torque Control, a lighter lithium-ion battery and a new digital meter.
- Deliveries of King of Tourers – Gold Wing began at a grand event in Jaipur. The 2018 edition of Gold Wing has received an overwhelming response of over 35 bookings.
- Honda started ‘IDEMITSU Honda India Talent Hunt’ to identify, select and mentor young talented riders to compete in national and international racing championships
- Honda riders scored back to back win at the 2018 Indian National Motorcycle Racing Championship.
|CSR & Road Safety|
- Rajasthan government felicitated Honda 2Wheelers India with Bhamashah award acknowledging Honda’s contribution towards upliftment of education in Rajasthan.
- Honda in association with Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) announced the beginning of joint road safety awareness project – ‘Safer Journey for All’.